One of the most common and useful types of shutters is vinyl and wooden shutters. Vinyl shutters are used for longer period of time and they are strong as compared to wooden shutters whereas wooden shutters are not that rigid and strong.
Unlike vinyl shutters, wooden shutters require regular maintenance and renovation to keep them serving the purpose. On the other hand, the colour of vinyl shutters is faded over time and require repainting before more damage is done to the exterior. If you are looking for an extensive range of quality shutter then you can have a look at Shutters Sydney where expert fitters will install your new shutters quickly and efficiently with minimal interruption to your home or business.
Shutters are an essential part of your home and add beauty to your home exterior. But due to contact with direct sunlight and environmental issues, they tend to fade away in colour and frequently worn. At this time they require instant consideration to renovate the lost strength and shape.
Steps to Renovate the Shutter
- Shutters are generally attached to the siding with four or six top screws. Unlock the screws with a head screwdriver.
- Take out the shutters. The shutters are protected to the siding with four or six head screws. Begin with the bottom screws and work your way to the peak. Put the screws in a container and mark every shutter on the back to help you remember where it goes.
- Bring together two sawhorses under a sheltered area, if you are working outside. The Shady area will help to get the required outcome from painting. You can also look at this website if you want to renovate your shutter with best experts.
- After that clean the shutters with Trisodium Phosphate (TSP). You can easily get TSP from local hardware stores. Add required amount of TSP in the water and polish off the debris and dust from the shutter surface with a scrub brush. The toothbrush can be useful to work on corners and cracks.
- Sand the exterior of the shutter softly with 15-grit sandpaper.
- The next step is, place the shutter on the saw horse and apply exterior latex primer to the shutter surface. You can apply primer to the surface of the shutter properly by using the paint brush or a roller. Once it gets dry you can paint the shutter.